How can I upgrade the firmware for GVC3220?
GVC3220 supports firmware upgrades through the following methods:
- Upgrade via the web user interface by manually uploading firmware files (only for valid firmware versions).
- Upgrade via TFTP using the manufacturer’s firmware server.
- Upgrade via HTTP/HTTPS using the manufacturer’s firmware server.
- Upgrade using a USB flash drive or an SD card. Users can insert a USB flash drive or SD card with the product software file named “gvc3220fw.bin.” GVC3220 will automatically detect the firmware file. Users can follow on-screen prompts to perform the firmware upgrade.
How can I check the current firmware version for GVC3220?
The current hardware firmware version can be found in the web user interface and the LCD menu:
– Web User Interface: Status -> System Information -> System Version – LCD Menu: Settings -> Status -> System -> System Version
How can I record a meeting and access the recording files?
During a meeting, users can initiate/terminate recording by pressing the * button on the remote control or navigating to Menu -> Video Record.
Recording files can be saved to:
- An external SD card or USB flash drive. The default path for recording files can be configured in LCD -> Applications -> Recorder -> Others -> Settings -> Save Path.
- An FTP server. FTP server settings can be configured in LCD -> Applications -> Recorder -> Others -> Settings -> FTP Settings.
- NAS extended storage, which can be configured in LCD -> Applications -> Recorder -> Others -> Settings -> NAS Extended Storage.
Additionally, users can remotely download and manage recording files through Web UI -> Application -> Recording Management.
How can I create and save backup files on GVC3220?
Navigate to Applications -> File Manager -> Backups in the GVC3220 LCD menu.
– Users can create a new backup by pressing the yellow button on the GVC3220 remote control. – Users can restore a backup by selecting the backup’s icon. – Users can delete a backup by pressing the red button on the GVC3220 remote control.
Note that users can change the destination of the backed-up files from internal storage to an SD card or USB flash drive by pressing the blue button on the GVC3220 remote control to enter Settings.
How can I enable/disable DND on GVC3220?
DND (Do Not Disturb) can be enabled/disabled by pressing the mute button on the GVC3220 remote control. Users can also enable/disable DND from the GVC3220 web user interface, located in the top-right corner of the web UI.
How can I reset GVC3220 to factory default settings?
Factory reset can be performed through the web UI or the LCD menu:
– Web User Interface: Maintenance -> Upgrade -> Advanced Settings -> Restore to Factory Defaults. – LCD Menu: Settings -> Advanced -> Restore to Factory Defaults.
Which account types does GVC3220 support?
– SIP Account: GVC3220 can be registered to a SIP server or IP PBX and supports IP calls with other SIP endpoints. – H.323 Account: GVC3220 can be registered to a Gatekeeper/H.323 platform and supports IP calls with other H.323 endpoints. – IPVideoTalk Account: GVC3220 can be registered to the IPVideoTalk cloud server. For more details, visit www.ipvideotalk.com. – BlueJeans: Users can join BlueJeans meetings without installing the BlueJeans application. – Zoom: Users can join Zoom meetings without installing the Zoom application.
How can I set or update the screen lock password?
The password can be configured from both the LCD menu and the web user interface:
– LCD Menu: Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> Screen Lock Password. – Web User Interface: System Settings -> Security Settings -> Screen Lock Password.
How can I access the GVC3220 web UI configuration interface?
You can access the device’s configuration interface by following these steps:
- Ensure that the GVC3220 is powered on and connected to the network.
- The IP address will be displayed on the top left corner of the HDMI output display.
- Enter the device’s IP address into your web browser.
- The default administrator username is “admin,” and the password can be found on the label at the bottom of the device.
Which audio/video codec components does GVC3220 support?
– Video: H.265 BP/MP/HP, H.264 BP/MP/HP. – Audio: PCMU, PCMA, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C, G.729AB, iLBC, Opus.
What is the minimum bandwidth requirement for HD video calls using GVC3220?
– For 1080P Full HD resolution and 4K Ultra HD resolution, the minimum bandwidth requirement is 1 Mbps. – For 720P HD resolution, the minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 Kbps.
What is the multi-point control unit (MCU) capability of GVC3220?
When using 1080P resolution, GVC3220 can bridge 5-way conferences, and when using 720P resolution, it can bridge 9-way conferences.
How can I connect my device to an audio device?
GVC3220 comes with a GMD1208 wireless microphone that can connect to it automatically from the factory default settings. If you prefer to use a third-party audio device, you can connect it to GVC3220 through Line In/Out, Bluetooth, or USB.
Does GVC3220 support external web cameras?
No, GVC3220 does not support external web cameras like USB web cameras.
Does GVC3220 support mixed calls with Android VoIP apps (like Skype) using SIP calls?
No, this is not currently supported.
Does GVC3220 support third-party applications?
Yes, third-party applications can be installed from the GVC3220 LCD: Applications -> GS Market. Note that to use Google Play, you need to first download and install the GMS package.
Does GVC3220 support screen sharing?
Yes, GVC3220 supports screen sharing and works during and outside of meetings. There are several methods for screen sharing:
- Connect a source like a laptop to GVC3220 through the HDMI IN port and then press “Start Presentation” on the GVC3220 remote control.
- Go to GVC3220 LCD -> Settings -> Network -> Wireless Projection, turn on the screen, and wait for the device to connect and share the screen.
- Enter the IP address of the GVC3220 device in the browser of the sharing device. The browser will show the GVC3220 web user interface. Log in to the web UI and click “Share Screen” in the top right corner to start sharing the device’s content with GVC3220.
Which devices are compatible with GVC3220’s wireless projection function?
GVC3220 supports wireless projection with devices using Android 4.4+, iOS 10.1+, and Windows 8.1+ operating systems.
Which browsers are supported for WebRTC screen sharing on GVC3220?
Supported browsers for WebRTC screen sharing are:
Chrome: Version 72 and above Firefox: Version 60 and above Opera: Version 60 and above Edge: Version 79 and above Safari: Version 13.1.1 and above.
Are there any installation and deployment requirements for GVC3220?
Yes, please follow the instructions and requirements in the GVC3220 Deployment Guide for the best audio and video experience.
Does GVC3220 support PoE?
No, GVC3220 does not support Power over Ethernet (PoE). Please use the included power adapter with GVC3220.
Do both USB ports on GVC3220 provide the same functionality?
The two USB ports on GVC3220 provide the same functionality. However, one USB port is USB 2.0, and the other is USB 3.0 with different transfer speeds.
Why is the touch surface on the GVC3220 remote control not working?
While the GVC3220 remote control can be used with GVC3220 without Bluetooth connection, the touch surface on the remote control will only work when the remote control is connected to GVC3220 via Bluetooth. To pair the remote control with GVC3220 via Bluetooth, follow these instructions:
- Point the remote control at GVC3220. Press and hold the “OK” button and the “5” button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- When the blue light on top of the remote control starts blinking, release the buttons. The remote control will automatically pair and connect to GVC3220. The connection status will be displayed on the screen.
The LED light on the remote control will be blue when in Bluetooth mode. It will be green when the remote control is not paired with GVC3220 via Bluetooth.
What is the USB storage device format compatible with GVC3220 and what capacity does it support?
USB storage devices with NTFS, FAT, FAT32, and FAT12 formats are supported. USB storage devices with capacities up to 128 GB have been tested with GVC3220. USB storage devices with multiple partitions are also supported.
Which SD card format is compatible with GVC3220 and what capacity does it support?
GVC3220 supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC formats. Capacities up to 256 GB have been tested with GVC3220.
Does GVC3220 work with GAC2500?
No, GAC2500 is not compatible with GVC3220. If you connect GAC2500 to GVC3220 via Bluetooth, there may be audio issues.
How many GMD1208 devices can GVC3220 support simultaneously?
If using the 2.4G wireless connection mode, GVC3220 can support up to two GMD1208 devices simultaneously. If using Bluetooth mode, only one GMD1208 can connect and be supported by GVC3220.
Does GMD1208 work with GVC320x/GVC3210?
No, GMD1208 does not work with GVC3200 and GVC3210 via Bluetooth or wireless mode. It only works with GVC3220.